Week 4- Soldering a circuit (2nd Connect, Extend, Challenge)

Connect

This video connected to what I learnt in previous school years and also what I learnt in the previous video last week. It connected to what I understand about the transfers of energy with the batteries and wire. I learnt about this last year in science. It connected to what I knew about what soldering was and why it was important when completing a circuit. It connected to my previous learning about how to solder with the soldering iron and the wire to successfully solder.

Extend

This video extended my knowledge in explaining what a soldering iron was, looks like and does. In the previous video, I saw glimpses of the iron but never got a full understanding of what it actually looked like and what it did. It also explained to a further level about the board the soldering is done on, and why the numbers on the board are important. Another way it extended my knowledge was why it is important to solder properly so that the circuit works properly and the energy can transfer clearly through the circuit.

Challenge

This video challenged my understanding and learning in explaining to me different aspects of soldering and helping me understand. It challenged me in understanding why soldering was used in the real world and why the soldering iron was so important when soldering. Watching the video I furthered this understanding by understanding the importance in soldering not just when making a circuit and also what the soldering iron does to complete a solder and make the circuit work correctly. It also challenged my thinking in understanding the way the electricity runs throughout the circuit and the impact the soldering has on this. Watching the video helped me understanding in making sure you solder correctly so the energy can transfer properly.